Virtual and Augmented Reality Lab
The University Library is happy to provide students, faculty, and staff with a guided tour of our virtual and augmented reality technology.
The University Library Virtual and Augmented Reality Lab (VR/AR Lab) has been provided through a generous federal grant from the Library Technology Services Act. The VR/AR lab includes two HTC Vive HMD’s, an MSI VR One backpack PC, and one META 2 developer kit. The lab is available to all students, faculty and staff of IU to experience and gain a better understanding of this emerging technology. To experience this exciting new technology at University Library, click on the “Get Started” tab above. Or, visit the IU Knowledge Base for information about other Virtual Reality Resources at IUPUI.
- Read our policy page
- See our Steam Library for a list of available VR games and experiences
- Schedule time to meet with our VR Lab Specialist who will guide you through the experience
- Come to the lab (UL4106) and prepare to be amazed!
- VR lab is available to all IU students, faculty and staff
- VR lab can be scheduled up to 2 hours per week per person
- Walk-in visits are allowed when the lab is available
- Be aware of cables during use
- Make sure the controllers are secured to your wrist
- Stay within the boundary grid during use
- If you feel nausea or discomfort, take the headset off and sit down
- Consult your doctor before using the VR equipment if you have a pre-existing medical condition (e.g. heart ailment, anxiety disorders, or PTSD)
- Like other gamiing products that produce light flashing visual effects, the VR headset may trigger epileptic seizures, fainting or dizziness, even if you have no history of these conditions.